Monday, June 16, 2014

June 15, Day 29, Yukon Territory

 Holy Moses!  I think I know how it feels to ride a galloping horse for 8 hours.  Because of the permafrost this part of the Alaskan Highway was a heck of a ride.  And we get to do it all over again on the way back.  Oh boy!
 Our arrival at Yukon Territory.
 Lana and I are standing (well I'm kind of hanging) in 2 countries, Canada and US. The trees behind me are Black Spruce.  Even though their trunks are only 2 inches in diameter they are about 100 years old.  Again because of the permafrost.

 Lana's in the US, I'm in US and Canada, and Chuck is in Canada. ( I really just want to get down and sniff around the 2 countries.)

Scenery of the Yukon Territory.



                                                     The only wildlife we saw today.  Isn't he cute?
Hold your tail high and keep it a waggin'
Jack

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so much to respond to with these last posts. Now you can say boats, trains and automobiles-well you can't Jack but Lana and Chuck can. Such beautiful scenery-breathtaking-I think Collin may have even seen a flying pig yesterday-what a way to see Alaska. Sorry about the Cemetary Jack-that wasn't very nice of them! But I guess most of the time they treat you well. Ccntinue to have a great time and please be bear aware-there's a lot of them up there! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete