Monday, June 16, 2014

June 11, Skagway. Nice weather

Happy Unbirthday Jessi!
Today's hike was a bit interesting.  Not because we (Chuck Lana, and Me) met up with a bear (we did see bear scat, though), but because we headed up a trail without looking at a map.  Mike told Chuck about this trail (he had just read about it) and Lana assumed Chuck had seen the map. Not so.  We hiked to Icy Lake then on to upper Reid Falls, then back down to Dewey Lake.  The interesting part was the "new, just blazed trail" to the upper Falls and kind of guessing where the trail really was, if you know what I mean.  We finally got to the end, and as you can see I'm so happy we made it.

Reid Falls.

Looking down at the Falls
  Along the trail......

We "think" this is the trail.  I don't think Lana and Chuck would have known it without me.  Turns out I was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment