Monday, June 16, 2014

June 13, Day 27, Skagway

Skagway means "windy" in Inuit (One of the Indian tribes in Alaska).  It was appropriately named. Before we left for Haines we took a couple more hikes.  One to Reid Lower Falls....
 On the way to Yakutania Point Chuck decided we should do some sit-ups (or rather Lana did), nice view for doing exercises.
This bridge hurt my feet so Lana was kind enough to carry me.


This is Yakutania Point.  


I was too scared to jump over a crevasse so this is as far as I got to the Yakutania Point.


Next we hiked to a cemetery.  I asked Lana if this was some kind of joke.  I hope she wasn't getting any ideas, I'm no where near kicking the bucket......life's just too much fun.  

                                      

I can't believe I'm posing for this picture.  But for Lana, I guess i did.


After these hikes I was totally played out.
Hold your tail high and keep it a waggin' Take a nap once in a while too),
Jack



No comments:

Post a Comment