Monday, June 2, 2014

June 1 Day 16 Sitka 50F, showers

For all those inquiring about the weather, there's a saying here in Alaska, "There is no inclement weather, only inappropriate attire."  Very true, we all have been comfortable at all times.
Here is the view the library patrons look out on. Also this is Kojo, another one of my fellow travelers.  He's a very vocal Pomeranian and Lana calls him "Muffin Top."

Believe me, the black speck on the top of the Russian Orthodox Basilica spire is a bald eagle.

This picture of me and Lana was really taken when we were still in Wrangell at the trailhead of Mt. Dewey.  
On the Mt. Dewey trail.
One of the sunsets Chuck took from the ferry.
A selfie Lana and Chuck took biking along the Wrangell coastline.  Thank God Dorothy and Mike took me back to the camper.  I haven't learned to appreciate bike rides, but Lana said one of these days I'm going to have to 'grin and bare it'...whatever.
Hold your tail high and keep it waggin',
Jack

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Jack you should get used to bike rides-you would love them-don't be such a chicken. Love the photo of the basilica. Dress appropriately and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete