Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 24, Day 7. Prince Rupert to Ketchikan via ferry, 6 hrs. 57 F

Wow, last night was quite the experience.  We lined up for the ferry at 8:00 PM.  Six and a half hours later someone pounded on our door and by 3:00 AM we were all loaded onto the ferry.  Lana and Chuck said goodnight and left me in the pickup on the cargo deck.  I was all alone, but naturally, I just went back to sleep knowing they would join me at around 10:30 in the morning.  Lana took this picture coming into Ketchikan.  It was a beautiful morning and very calm seas.
After arriving, at yet another beautiful RV Resort (Clover Pass Marina), we set up, went to the dock and took this picture.  There's only so many words to describe the views.  
We are surrounded by mountains and water, just unbelievable!
We had time for a short, but fun filled hike.  We hiked up to this waterfall
(Lunch Falls) and then down to the ocean where I got to wade in the ponds and even had another drink.  Because of all the tributaries the water wasn't salty.
Hold your tail high and keep it a waggin'
Jack

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that must have been quite a night-but it looks like it was well worth it. What a wonderful experience for you Jack. Nice of you to take the rest of them along. Have a fun day and safe travels. BTW, I really enjoy your blog-it's as close as I'm going to get to camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Wanda! You came pretty close when you stayed in the Motorcycle Motel!

      But, I agree, pretty cool trip!

      Delete