Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 18, Day 1, Helena to Spokane.

Heading out of Helena over McDonald Pass.
Don't let the tinted windshield fool you. It's really raining cats and dogs.  (I've never really understood that metaphor.)
Nowhere in our itinerary did it say to make a u-turn at Garrison Junction but that is what we did because someone forgot their passport, and you can take a guess at who that was. The extra 2  hours on the road wasn't so bad because this is how I spent it.
We reached our first night's destination at 5:30 PM, a Super Walmart Parking lot, where we caught up with our friends and travel companions, the McCarters.   We're spending the night here right next to a large green lawn area where I ran and played with Lana, that is, right after I did my "duty", if you know what I mean.  Later I took Chuck for a walk while Lana did a little shopping at Walmart.  

Hold your tail high and keep it a waggin"
Jack

1 comment:

  1. When we went on our cruise the other couple forgot their passports in Phoenix-we were in Houston. Managed to get them by the next morning and were able to board the ship. It was a little tense until they had them in their hot little hands. Jack, keep them all in line. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete